BO OBAMA: DOG-GONE GOOD!

It's not a furry pig, believe it or not.
It's not a furry pig, believe it or not.

Whether you love him or hate him, Barack Hussein Obama has left an indelible mark on American history.   Not for anything as paltry as being President, but rather as a nearly unparalleled pop culture icon.

How else do you explain this?? (Yes, that is Dr. House.)
How else do you explain this?? (Yes, that is Dr. House.)

What’s less clear is the fame status of Obama’s family.   The first lady has proved less marketable to audiences, and the media has given his children a pass.  So who could possibly take the fame torch and run with it.

Apparently, his dog.

For the first time in the history of the industry, a living dog has been given his own comic.   PUPPY POWER (published by a company called Bluewater) gives it’s audience an inside look into the world of The First Animal.

I’m not sure who is responsible for Bluewater, but it’s safe to assume he or she is legally retarded.  PUPPY POWER isn’t so much a comic as a list of facts narrated by a poorly drawn, pun-loving poodle wearing a Hawaiian Lei.  (It’s never actually explained why he’s wearing a lei; apparently he just digs it.)

Instead of reviewing the comic and its many faults, I thought I would make a list of things from my history that were less painful and/ or embarrassing than reading this book.

• Having my pants pulled down in front of the entire cheerleading team in high school.
  • Being dragged down the street for thirty feet by my Aunt’s car (my foot got caught on it).
  • Asking out a girl Freshman year of college only to be turned down because she had to go to Lamaze class.
  • Wearing Spandex shirts.
  • Confusing John and Edwin McCain in a college Civics class.
  • Watching Beautician and the Beast.
  • Being 30 years old and unable to grow a proper beard.
  • Getting caught singing along with the Hannah Montana soundtrack.
  • Being molested in high school by an 80 year old Hindu librarian.
  • Writing this article.

You get the point.

*for those that are asking, the painting is the work of a guy named Dan Lacey, an (i use the term loosely) artist famous for doing a pseudo-ponographic, possibly Nazi-inspired comic called Faith Mouse and later for painting portraits of politicians with pancakes on their head.  His recent series of homo erotic (supposedly anti-) Barack Obama paintings is making the rounds on the internet. This is one of the least disturbing paintings I could find.

Adam

I use naughty words to hilarious effect.

9 thoughts on “BO OBAMA: DOG-GONE GOOD!

• November 11, 2009 at 11:02 am

OMG, WHERE DO I BEGIN…HERE GOES! OK COMIC BOOK STORES OF AMERICA…PERSONALLY I VOTED FOR BARRACK OBAMA, AND THOUGH I’VE BEEN DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ADMINISTRATION SO FAR, I’M STILL STAYING POSITIVE IN REGARDS TO HOPE THAT THEY’LL MAKE DECISIONS TO STEER OUR COUNTRY IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. WITH THAT SAID, I PERSONALLY DON’T APPRECIATE THE DIRECTION THAT COMIC BOOK PUBLISHERS HAVE TAKEN PRODUCING SOOOOOO MANY OBAMA INSPIRED BOOKS. I DONT READ THE FUNNY BOOKS FOR A CONSTANT DOSE OF POLITICS ( I SATISFIED MY POLITICAL CRAVINGS BY READING PRINT AND ONLINE NEWS ), NOR DO I TAKE A TRIP TO ONE OF THE MANY COMIC SHOPS IN MY CITY TO BE BOMBARDED BY A BARRACK COVER IN EVERY SECTION OF THE STORE. COME ON COMIC BOOK STORES, BSI AND OTHERS IN THE METRO AREA, AND QUIT ALREADY WITH THE OBAMA COMICS. HERE’S AN IDEA, DONT ORDER ANY….PLEASE?? SMH, BUT OF COURSE THAT PLEA IS FALLING ON DEAF EARS BECAUSE YOU GUYS WOULDNT ORDER THIS CRAP IF CONSUMERS WEREN’T BUYING THEM. I FOR ONE WON’T BE SUPPORTING THIS EXPLOITATION OF OBAMAS PRESIDENCY FOR PROFIT BY THE PUBLISHERS AND STORE OWNERS. HAVE A GOOD DAY ADAM. AS ALWAYS, YOUR COMIC REVIEWS STRIKE A NERVE. LOL

• November 11, 2009 at 11:19 am

What is really sad is the fact that so many comic fans wnat there stuff published, ahd what does. SHIT LIKE THIS. WHO THE FUCK BUYS A COMIC ABOUT THE PRESIDENTS DOG??? And while we are at it, what with that gay ass painting of Obama?!?! GODMOTHERINGFUCK! I hope no one buys this filth! I’m too fed up with Obama’s face on every freakin’ cover. This is why the comic book industry is going down the toilet! What the fuck happened to fantasy, it is consumed by the reality whores in the industry that have no fucking imagination, who hate superheroes and have to have realistic situations.
    OH by the way the gay dog is wearing a rainbow lei! HAW HAW HAW!

Larry

• November 11, 2009 at 11:36 am

Okay. This article inspired FIVE GALLONS OF VOMIT!!!
    Shit on PINK WATER and their salivation army out to make all things Obama into comic books.
    What next? Michelle is in charge of the JLA?
    Rahm Immanuel takes over the Daily Planet?
    Janet Napolitano moonlights as NIGHT NURSE?
    A book about the goddam dog is beyond ridiculous. But, it gives me a chance to say something I’ve been wanting to say since last November…”That Obama is one silly son of a bitch!” Literally, this time.
    I hope it sells a billion copies and Bo teams up with Krypto (DC is probably in talks with Bo’s people right now!) and it becomes a law that Barack Obama or one of his Czars or family members, American and Kenyan, must appear in at least 50 books a month.
    Where’s the CBG changing it’s name to Barack Buyer’s Guide?
    Superman’s secret identity is Barack Obama.
    Bruce Wayne is taxed into oblivion (Yeah. That’s why he’s really dead!) by Barack’s IRS.
    Black Panther is changed (AGAIN!!!) to the POTUS Barack Obama.
    The Wonder Twins are revealed to be the Obama kids!
    Li’l Barack meets Li’l Archie becomes required reading in order to graduate high school.
    The new movie, “Once You Go Barack, You Never Go Back!” starring the Wayans Brothers wins an Oscar for best everything ever in the new Oscar category “Best Everything Ever”.
    Lions lie down with lambs.
    Skies clear up.
    Oceans part.
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!!!

Seriously, though. Cut this shit out. When you get down so low in the Obama well that you do a comic book about the damned dog, it says more about the industry than it says about the President.

Face Front, Obama Believer!!

• November 11, 2009 at 12:18 pm

What depths of hell has the comic industry descended to when it is reduced to publishing stories about Obama’s dog, pictured with this incredibly gay looking expression, and wearing a “rainbow” lei.

What upsets me the most about this filth is the environmental damage that this book has inflicted upon the world. Innocent trees were viciously slaughtered to produce this, probably by burly guys using gas-powered chainsaws. Those trees were transported by trucks burning diesel fuel to a paper mill, where coal-generated electricity converted the mercilessly butchered trees into paper. That paper was transferred by more trucks, also burning diesel fuel and spewing greenhouse gases into the publisher of this propagagnda, who waste more coal-generated electricity to run the presses to print this filth. Yet more trucks, also burning environmentally unfriendly diesel fuel, deliver this in plain brown wrappers to the comic distributor, and then on to the comic shops themselves. Imagine the vast carbon footprint that this has inflicted on our planet! And the waste of good paper that could have been used for Charmin or Angel Soft, and ended up the same way- covered in crap!

• November 11, 2009 at 2:11 pm

PS….Is it true what they say about Hindu Librarians? That if you don’t know it, they will enlighten you?

• November 11, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I’ve showed the painting at work, all agreed… WTF!
    Where in God’s name did you find that??? or is it a BSI Original???

• November 19, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I am glad the president got himself a dog. Dogs add a lot of happiness to peoples lives and I have noticed in Brooklyn were I am from more and more people are getting dogs. I wonder if a dog would make a better symbol for America than the bald eagle. I don’t think I have ever seen a bald eagle in person and I know I have never seen one make my friends happy.

HappyDogWalking NYC.com